- Jimm is an ICQ™ clone for mobile devices with J2ME™ (MIDP) technology (Java 2 Micro Edition / Mobile Information Device Platform).
- It's working on a lot of devices which have J2ME™ support. (like PDAs (Palm) or most modern mobile phones).
- Connects directly to the ICQ™ network via cheap GPRS or UMTS connection.
- ICQ™ instant messaging on the go with your mobile device.
- Brings ICQ™ to your mobile phone or J2ME™ supporting handheld.
- Uses protocol version 8.
- By using cheap GPRS or UMTS connection messaging with Jimm can be up to 96 percent cheaper than using Short Message Service (SMS) text messages.
- Supports: Sending files, local history, search for contacts and much more.
- Multilingual (English, German, Russian, Lithuanian, Bulgarian, Czech, Ukranian and Serbian are currently supported).
- Free software, full source included (GPL'ed).
- Not affiliated with or endorsed by ICQ Inc.
Supported Devices : Alcatel: 557; Blackberry: 7510; LG: LG-KU800; Motorola: A1000, A780, A835, C380, C550, C650, C385, E398, RAZR V3, RAZR V3xx, RAZR maxx V6, V180, V220, V300, V500, V525, V547, V600, V620, V635; NEC: e616; Nokia: 5140, 5200, 6030, 6230, 6131, 6230i, 6280, 6630, 6820, 6822, 7600, N70, N80, every latest Nokia phone should work; Orange: SPV E100/E200, Sagem: myX-5-2 myX-65, Samsung: SGH-D500, SGH-Z105, SGH-ZV40, SGH-D830, SGH-ZV40; Siemens: A65, M55, S55, SL55, MC60, CF62, C65, CF110, CX65, CX75, M65, S65, SGX75, SK65, SL65, every latest Siemens/BenQ phone should work; Sony Ericsson: K500i/c, K700, K750i, M600i, P900, V800, W810i, W550i, W800i/c, Z1010, every latest Sony Ericsson phone should work.
Any Java™ capable (CLDC/MIDP) cellular phone, which meets the following requirements:
- Raw socket support
- At least 250 KB of available RAM
- At least 70 KB disk space available