Mobile Weather is a weather forecast client for S60 Smartphones that shows the current weather situation of hundreds of cities anywhere all around the world. It is available for Nokia S60 Second Edition (FP2 and FP3) and Third Edition devices.
- The detail view shows information about the current weather of a location. This view contains the current temperature and weather condition, the wind direction and speed and the time and date of the last update. The XML API used for Mobile Weather provides a forecast for today and tomorrow only. Maybe this will be extended in one of the next versions to a five day forecast.
- With Mobile Weather you can create a list of locations you like to know the current weather for. All locations in the list can be updated together. The overview list shows the current weather of all locations in the list.
- Mobile Weather comes with a huge database containing a long list of cities in many countries all around the world, thus no network traffic is necessary to find a location. Just select an area (like continent or part of continent), the country and the city within the country. The Mobile Weather installation packages contain most countries all over the world. This requires about 750KB of space in phone memory or on a memory card.
- Location lists of some countries can be quite long thus scrolling through a list of hundreds of entries would be frustrating. But lists can be filtered. Just type some characters of the city you would like to add until have found it or until the list is short enougth for scrolling.
- Some parameters of Mobile Weather can be configured. The unit for degrees used for weather information requests (note: changing the unit will only have an effect when updating the loction list), the Internet Access Point to be used (GPRS/UMTS and WLAN Access Points are supported), close the connection after update or keep it open (select the option that best fits your data plan) and the update interval.
- Weather information of the locations in your list can be updated manually or automatically every 15 or 30 minutes or every 1 or 2 hours. When starting Mobile Weather in manual mode it will ask if the location list has to be updated.
Please note: Mobile Weather uses only the location codes supported by Yahoo! Weather. If a location code is missing in the Mobile Weather database please try to find it at Yahoo! Weather.
- One of the supported Nokia S60 2nd or 3rd Edition devices
- 1.3MB free memory in phone memory or on memory card
- Access to the internet via GPRS/UMTS or WLAN (each update is about 2.5KB per location, check your data plan)
Mobile Weather for S60 Second Edition
FP2: Nokia 6630, 6680, 6681, 6682
FP3: Nokia N70, N72, N90
Older devices like 6600 are currently not supported.
Mobile Weather for S60 Third Edition
Nokia N71, N73, N80, N91, N92, N93, E50, E60, E61, E70, 3250 and 5500
Note: Some phones reject the installation of uncertified SIS or SISX packages by default. If the installation aborts with a certificate error you must change the installation permission parameter in "App. Manager => Settings => Software installation" to "All".